POSTING SCHEDULE

Beginning March 2, 2014 no new posts. Please use the Archive and Topical listings.



CONTACT ME

If you would like to receive a weekly e-mail reminder of each new post e-mail your request to: paulajhoover@hotmail.com



You may also contact me at the above e-mail address with any comments or questions that you may have regarding any post. Please indicate that your comments are confidential and they will not be shared on the blog site.



Sunday, February 28, 2010

Will Heaven Be Worth It?




“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him.”
I Corinthians 2:9 NIV


If you are like me, you may have at some point thought that heaven would be boring. I don’t know about you but I have no desire to ride around on clouds and play a harp. If that is what you and I think about heaven, then our minds are full of misconceptions! However, heaven will be being with God forever. It is the prize, the reward at the end of life’s race. It will be having the privilege to go back into God’s garden of perfection. The Bible tells us that, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.” Because of that scripture I know that heaven will be a wonderful place where I will get to lay aside all of my earthly problems.

The truth is that in heaven our non-productive, un-appreciated work will be over. There will be no one in heaven that will ever misunderstand us again. We will get to stop maintaining our 401-K’s, and our stock portfolios. We will no longer pay bills or taxes. There will not be any concern regarding the possibility of losing our jobs, or how we are going to make ends meet. We will not have to worry about the high cost of living, or how we are going to be able to afford college for our children. We will no longer care about the price of food and gas or if the economy will bounce back.

In heaven, we will get to stop maintaining our diets and our aging bodies. We will not live inside a body that confines us and keeps us from doing the things that we were once able to do. There will be no more handicaps or mental illness. There will be no more physical, mental or sexual abuse. Failed marriages and personal rejection from others will be over. Worrying about our inadequacies, our failures, and our self-esteem will be a thing of the past.

Imagine this – the air we breathe will actually be fresh and clean. The food we eat will be better than organic. Recycling will be over, global warnings and thinking “green” will be obsolete. We will not have to deal with the heartache of war. All of the racism, prejudices, and intolerances of our world will be gone. Death, illness, pain, suffering, and poverty will all be over. We will never again have to elect a president or any other public official. Terrorists and dictators will be gone forever. Sin and the result of sin will be abolished! Satan will be cast into hell for all eternity and we will never have to listen to his lies or be attacked by him again.

Heaven will indeed be an amazing place! In heaven there will be productive work to do which will bring us great enjoyment and satisfaction. But best of all, in heaven we will get to see Jesus face to face. I cannot comprehend or image what meeting Jesus will be like, but I am sure it will be exceedingly wonderful! I really cannot wrap my mind around being in the presence of God, but I do believe that there will be both great and indescribable joy attached to the experience. When Jesus was on earth his followers adored him! Why would our experience be any different? Yes, in heaven we will adore Jesus! Will it be worth it? Absolutely!

Questions:

What is your view of heaven?


How do you feel about leaving all of the problems in life behind?


How does it make you feel to realize that no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him?


Do you know for sure that you will go to heaven when you die?


If you are unsure, pray and ask God to forgive your sins and give you that assurance.

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,

You have given me much in this life that I enjoy, and people that I love. In my humanness it makes me sad to think of leaving those I love behind. Help me to enjoy all of those you have given me and my many blessings every single day. In addition, please give me spiritual eyes so that I might also anticipate the joy of your heaven and meeting you face to face. Help me to make time for you in this life so that I will indeed be comfortable with you in heaven.

In Your Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: