POSTING SCHEDULE

Beginning March 2, 2014 no new posts. Please use the Archive and Topical listings.



CONTACT ME

If you would like to receive a weekly e-mail reminder of each new post e-mail your request to: paulajhoover@hotmail.com



You may also contact me at the above e-mail address with any comments or questions that you may have regarding any post. Please indicate that your comments are confidential and they will not be shared on the blog site.



Sunday, June 6, 2010

God's Amazing Resume



“God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.”

Exodus 3:14a NIV

One of the things I have always dreading doing was updating my resume. Yet I have found that in this day and age no one is going to TRUST you enough to hire you unless you can prove to them that you have experience and that you are a good fit for their organization. So when seeking new employment I was faced with trying to put my best foot forward on paper.

Then I began thinking about God and what his resume might look like. When I realize who God is and what his amazing attributes are I discovered that God’s amazing resume enabled me to trust him with my life and the lives of all those I love.


GOD’S NAME


To Moses, God called himself the “I AM” and he told Moses to tell the people that
“I AM has sent me to you.” Exodus 3:14b I AM is his name.


That name includes I AM all present, I AM all knowing, I AM all powerful.
I have always been and I will always be. God is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. The bottom line is I can trust God because his name is the great “I AM.”

GOD’S ADDRESS


“I AM” resides in heaven above, in the earth below, and within our hearts!
“Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.” Isaiah 66:1a


As believers we know that God lives within our hearts.
“Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you?


I Corinthians 6:19a God resides in heaven and also within our hearts. He is always at home and is constantly available to you and me.

GOD’S PURPOSE


Redemption made possible to all mankind through sacrificing his son.


“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believed in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16


God desires to have a personal relationship with every person he has ever created. God wants to restore you and to have a personal relationship with you.


GOD’S WORK EXPERIENCE From: The Beginning – Throughout: Eternity


Creator of the universe – Creator of you and your inmost being – Design expert – Gardener and landscaper – Miracle worker – Experienced in sea parting – Deliverer of a nation – Experienced in wall demolition – Commander in Chief – Lion tamer – Fire, wind and rain expert – Giant slayer – Great physician – Healer – Wealthy beyond our imagination – Great philanthropist – Expert travel agent and tour guide – Owner of a daily bread distribution company.

RELATED EXPERIENCE


Provider – Shepherd – Teacher – Counselor – Acquainted with sorrow – Experienced in personal sacrifice – Oversees and adoption agency – Father – Friend


CIVIC AND SOCIAL


Ability to ignore social and economical status – Serves all humanity – Relational – Active in wedding planning for “His Bride,” the church of all believers.


OTHER


God has as exceptional organizational and people skills – Known for his extraordinary ability to know and hold the future – Has great wisdom and discernment – Possesses way above average ability to love, forgive, and care for mankind.



REFERENCES


He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
Lord above all Lords and King above all Kings.
Those who serve him can testify to his amazing love and faithfulness.
Satan’s reference is not needed but if asked,
Satan would have to say that, God is awesome enough that he desired to be like Him.
Satan could testify to God’s magnificent power and glory.
Satan would also say that the “I AM” is who the demons fear.


This day I am again reminded that God’s Resume is flawless! His attributes are impeccable! His reputation is perfect! In light of this amazing resume that belongs to my Heavenly Father, how can I not trust God with every detail of my life and the lives of those I love?


Questions:

What is God asking you to trust him with?

Do you need to find God’s strength to help you trust him with your life and the lives of those you love?

What part of God’s Resume gives you the strength to trust him?


Prayer:

Dear Father,

I confess to you today that I do not always trust you immediately. But I know deep down in my heart that I should. Some things are just too scary and uncertain. I have tried many times to trust you but I keep coming up short. I need your help. Help my unbelief. When I see your amazing resume I know that only a fool would choose not to trust you. I need to stay in the garden with you until I feel I am safe in your care. Help me to find your peace through trusting you.

In Your Son’s Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: