POSTING SCHEDULE

Beginning March 2, 2014 no new posts. Please use the Archive and Topical listings.



CONTACT ME

If you would like to receive a weekly e-mail reminder of each new post e-mail your request to: paulajhoover@hotmail.com



You may also contact me at the above e-mail address with any comments or questions that you may have regarding any post. Please indicate that your comments are confidential and they will not be shared on the blog site.



Saturday, April 7, 2012

They Sang Worthy Is The Lamb!

“And they sang a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:9-10 NIV

“In a loud voice they sang: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” Revelation 5:12 NIV

“Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!” Revelation 5:13 NIV


Today I am walking in the pre-dawn garden. All is quiet. The birds are still sleeping so there is no singing. I sit on the bench and I wait. I wait for the sunrise. I wait for the song of the birds. It is Easter morning and the Lamb that was slain has risen. Hallelujah! He is risen indeed!

The pain and suffering is over. The price for sin has been paid. The Father has been appeased for the sin of man. The Son has glorified the Father. Jesus Christ has conquered death and has risen. Hallelujah! He is risen indeed!

This calls for praise and worship! This calls for thanksgiving! This calls for joy! We the hopeless now have hope! I hope that you are singing this morning because I know I am. I am sure that there is singing and rejoicing in heaven as well.

In the last book of the Bible we read about all of heaven’s response to Jesus Christ!
This response is not a pathetic ticker tape parade of human invention. No, John’s vision is an amazing glimpse into heaven. John reports that in his vision he sees all of heaven bowing down in praise and worship to Jesus Christ, the slain Lamb of God. They have sung before but NOW they sing a new song! A song that has never been sung before!

In the book of Revelation Chapter 5, John records what he sees in his heavenly vision. He sees four living creatures and the twenty-four elders and they sing a new song. (vs. 9) Then he hears the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand…and in a loud voice they sing. (vs. 12) John then heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing. (vs. 13) Then the four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.” (vs. 14) They sing because Jesus was obedient to the Father, even unto death. They sing because he conquered the grave. They sing because no one was found worthy to open the scroll with the exception of the Lion from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, who triumphed!

I hope you are singing with all of heaven this wonderful Easter morning! We who love him rejoice. We too can join with all of heaven and sing praise and worship to our Savior Jesus Christ. Worthy is the Lamb that was slain. He is risen. Hallelujah! He is risen indeed!


Questions:

Are you rejoicing because Jesus is your risen Savior?
Are you going to be in heaven because of accepting the blood of Jesus as a covering for you personal sin?
If not, would you like to be forgiven from your sin? If so, pray the simple prayer of faith that is printed below.


Prayer:

Dear Jesus,

I want to be included with those who sing a new song of praise and worship. Please forgive me of my sin. Thank you for being my sacrificial Lamb. I now know that you were wounded for me. You paid the price for my redemption by taking my place on the cross. I realize that I am not worthy, you alone are worthy. I ask you now to cover me with your precious blood. I reach out in a simple act of faith and accept your free gift of salvation on this glorious Easter day! I thank you because I am now your child. I no longer fear standing before you because I know that now you will recognize me as your child because I am covered with your precious blood. It is a miracle of love and grace that God no longer sees my sin, but instead he sees only your blood that has been miraculously applied to my heart. Thank you Jesus.

It is in your name I pray. Amen

No comments: